PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences. They’re what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course. The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course can be completed in 3 days and consists of two main phases:
- Knowledge Development - PADI eLearning must be completed before meeting your instructor
- Open Water Dives - 5 training dives
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- Three more Adventure Dives of your choice
The Fun Part: Your Choice
One reason you’ll love the Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you and your instructor choose from various types of Adventure Dives to complete your course.
Boat diving, Naturalist, Peak Performance buoyancy, Digital underwater photography, Fish ID, Night diving**extla charge
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
For safety, all students complete a brief scuba medical questionnaire (pdf file) that asks about medical conditions that could be a problem while diving. If none of these apply, you sign the form and you're ready to start. If any of these apply to you, as a safety precaution your physician must assess the condition as it relates to diving and sign a medical form that confirms that you're fit to dive.
Start the Advanced Open Water Diver Course Online
PADI eLearning gets you started right now with the background information you need for the seven of the most popular Adventure Dives (though you and your instructor can still choose any of the Adventure Dives.) PADI eLearning must be completed before meeting your instructor in St. Thomas.
Click to enroll NOW!
$350 - 5 training dives + 6th dive FREE!!!
(To receive our promotion price, you need to sign up PADI eLearning through our website. PADI eLearning fee is NOT included )
All rental diving equipment, C-card process fee included
Course Schedule (Sample):
You must complete PADI eLearning before meeting your instructor
Day 1 - half day
8:00am - 12:30pm : Boat dive, Peak Performance Buoyancy
Day2 - half day
8:00am - 12:30pm : Deep dive, Underwater Navigation
Day3 - half day
8:00am - 12:30pm : Naturalist + Fun dive!
1) For single dives within the no decompression limits, a minimum pre-flight surface interval of 12 hours is suggested.
2) For repetitive dives and/or multi-day dives within the no decompression limits, a minimum preflight surface interval of 18 hours is suggested.